COVID-19 is top of mind for everyone and is affecting the way we all support those who are vulnerable in our communities. This pandemic has created an increase in demand for local services, shortages in supplies, and disruption in service.
United Ways and Centraides in Canada are pleased to provide support to local community service organizations that provide rapid, emergency community support to vulnerable community members. Applications are made available and reviewed locally. Our aim is to make this application process simple. The application should take 15-30 minutes to complete.
These funds are being distributed as part of Employment and Social Development Canada's (ESDC) Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF). Before you begin, we encourage you to read the Frequently Asked Questions to fully understand what activities and expenses are allowable under this emergency funding for qualified donees.
This application has five (5) sections:
- Section 1 - Eligibility
- Section 2 - The qualified donee (your organization)
- Section 3 - Service information
- Section 4 - Grant request, budget and financial information
- Section 5 - Authorization and confirmation
- Application Open Date: May 19th, 2020
- Applications Due: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis from May 19th, 2020 to July 19th, 2020. Applications received by 11:59 p.m. on the Sunday prior to a scheduled review week will be reviewed during that week. All others will be reviewed at the next scheduled review date.
- Application Reviews & Decisions: Applications will be reviewed every three weeks during the weeks of June 8th, June 29th and July 20th, 2020 and decisions made at each review period. All funding decisions will be approved and agencies notified no later than July 31, 2020.
If you have questions or need support in completing this application, please contact:
Tamara Coleman-Lawrie, Director of Community Impact
P: 905-688-5050, Ext. 2109
To be eligible for funding, an Agency must:
- Meet the Eligibility Criteria as prescribed by ESDC;
- Complete the online funding application;
- Deliver the project as outlined in the application to the citizens of the Niagara region;
- Agree to use the funds only for the approved project;
- Agree to share their application information with the Canadian Red Cross, Community Foundations of Canada, United Way Centraide and their local respective affiliates;
- Complete the project by March 31, 2021; and
- Provide ongoing and final reports to United Way Niagara as requested, including financial and outcomes data.